Intelligent Leadership - Use Enneagram to Bring out the Best in Yourself and Others
20 - 25/11/2016
Interpersonal diversity of talents, values, needs and challenges calls for flexibility in approaching learners and team members. Enneagram allows for understanding of different people including oneself. As a result of applying Enneagram teachers and leaders will enhance their ability to lead diverse teams and develop their potential as well as discover their own unique style and capitalize on their leadership strengths and work on their developmental areas. Leap advance in "people skills" and new approach to managing teams and institutions are inevitable effects of learning Enneagram!
Later-in-the-year sessions available
- 05 - 10/02/2017
- 11 - 16/06/2017
- 08 - 13/10/2017
- 05 - 10/11/2017
Note: for groups of minimum 6 participants tailor-made training at the chosen date is also an option.
What will the course bring?
The course aims to:
- Help the participants to use more of their potential for being inspiring leaders
- Enhance the capacity to boost productivity of teams by capitalising on unique strengths of individuals and handling areas of development constructively
- Raise tolerance and appreciation of human diversity
- Expand the participants outlook on leadership
- Increase the ability to facilitate team collaboration
- Introduce and discuss 9 main sets of motivations, values and needs
- Enable participants to raise self awareness and understand their own strengths and challenges better
- Enhance the ability to communicate effectively with different types of people
- Help the participants to understand how different personality types react to stress and frustration
- Enhance understanding of three different intelligences – instinct, emotions and thinking
- Enable the participants to take to the next level understanding of the needs of their learners and colleagues
- Advance the skill of building relationship of mutual trust, respect and understanding
- Provide tools for communication and motivating people of different personality types
- Enhance understanding of group dynamics and how different people meet their needs and solve problems in various ways
- Provide practical tools for identifying and changing unsupportive behaviours
- Provide practical suggestions for further development for each of 9 personality types
Methodology of this training is based on a formula: minimum theory + maximum practice + feedback = accelerated growth.
The methods used during the training are as follows: presentations, individual and pair exercises, group work and reflection, brain storming, peer support, games.
The participants will also receive study manuals and worksheets that will be used during the seminar.
Prospective participants will receive a list of relevant study materials along with websites which are relevant to the content of the course. They will also receive worksheets which will help them identify their strong points as well as areas they want to improve.
The participants will be encouraged to form a network in order to continue exchange of ideas and support one another.
Up to 6 months after completion of the workshop, the participants will have opportunity to ask for advice (via email or Skype) if they face obstacles in using the new skills or if they have any questions or concerns.
Training Program (day by day)
- Arrival, welcoming dinner and getting to know each other
- Welcoming, introduction, ice-breaking, individual expectations
- The Enneagram system as context for sustainable progress – introduction of the model
- Your leadership profile - discover your style with its strengths and challenges– mini-questionnaire, typing cards, pair exercise, discussion
- Know your unique strengths
- 3 Intelligences – body, mind and heart
- Overview of 9 Enneagram leadership styles and their leadership paradigm, motivations, values, needs, focus of attention and typical behavior patterns – presentation, case studies, discussion
- Developmental issues for each leadership style; how to build on your leadership strengths and work on your areas of improvement – discussion, exercise
- Understand your team - different ways team members try to get their needs met: assertiveness/dutifulness/withdrawal and how to make the best of it
- Cultural trip
- Understand your team – different ways team members react to stress and frustration and how to respond adequately
- How to communicate with different types of people - presentation, discussion, exercises
- Common sources of interpersonal conflicts at work and how mutual understanding and respect can eliminate them
- Practical exercises for leading diverse teams
- Your personal path of growth
- Summary, course evaluation and closure
Saturday - optional
- A visit to a local NGO, school, adult education centre, or a higher education institution